Thursday, January 14, 2010

Settling down

I *think* things are settling down a bit here. I sat down the other morning for a "quiet time" with my God (although its never really quite anymore) and wrote in my journal "I just don't know where to begin!" I maybe got one more sentence down when my wonderful husband walked in the room and said something to the effect of "I have some ideas of things we need to do." God answered my prayer (?was it really even a prayer?) right then and there. I'm so thankful that I have a husband that seeks the Lord on my behalf, thinks about our family and children and what we all need. I'm so thankful that God leads me through my husband. His words just brought such a calming feeling to me. We discussed a few disciplinary things he thought might help some of the crazies here :) and some things we could do to strengthen family times and work on the children's character areas (oh yeah, and mine). I am excited, for the first time in awhile, to implement some of these things into our school days. I need to rethink some of our schooling operations and scheduling. This has been a hard home-schooling 4 months; I hope the next 5 months can go a little smoother.

Here is a verse that I read last week and have been hanging onto for dear life since:

Psalm 91:14-16
"Because she loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue her;
I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.

She will call upon me, and I will answer her;
I will be with her in trouble,
I will deliver her and honor her.

With long life will I satisfy her
and show her my salvation."

It is wonderful when the word of God is sweet to your weary soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment