Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 18, CtG

In Bible time the past couple of weeks, we have been memorizing Psalm 23. When I saw this verse in our curriculum, I was so glad because Abby had been memorizing it as her personal Scripture this year. Every day that we add a verse to our handwriting, she is inspired to draw a picture of the verse. I loved this picture of the table being prepared for us before our enemies. I love Abby's beautiful heart!




Another source of inspiration for everyone this week was the end of Treasures of the Snow. Because the kids were so into the story, we finished it a week ahead even while starting it behind in the curriculum. The day we finished the story, everyone drew a picture of their most memorable point of the story. Very cute! That night at bedtime, Eli said, " I wonder what the Hittite Warrior will be like." The Hittite Warrior was suggested in the back of the curriculum for these weeks and I'm going to try to squeeze it in as a read-aloud. I see there is quite a bit of reading coming up, though, so we'll see how it goes! I think I'm reading it for as much my interest and benefit as theirs!



And here is a sample of what Micah does while we are doing all of our reading:

We had to skip all of our art lessons this week because we were supposed to go outside and draw a flower...not possible! I was going to buy some flowers so they could look at one and draw it, but kept forgetting and now the week is done.

Other than that, everything else was run of the mill. Zeke got to start up his Spanish lessons again today, which he was excited for.

Happy 2nd Birthday to our cousin across the country!

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment