Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The root of the righteous...


Proverbs 12:12 The root of the righteous flourishes

I am going to brag about my husband here! When I read this verse this Monday morning, I immediately thought of my husband and was overcome with gratitude for him. To make a long story short, I had an opportunity to see his heart so clearly this weekend. He is so rooted in God's truth and never sways from God's mission. I wish I could share all the details, but I can't. I'm just so thankful to have a husband who is living all out for God and is rock solid in his faith and stands on God's principles in every aspect of his life.

Also, I was so proud of Zeke as well! He also showed me what an amazing heart he has this weekend! I was in tears as I tucked him bed Sunday night after he played for an hour and half with a little guest we had over so Steve could minister to the parents. It was amazing. In a world that preaches and pushes "SELF", I'm so glad to be fighting against this trend in our household and raising children who can think of other people before themselves. They are far from perfect in this area, but Sunday night was one of those glimpses that they are catching what it means to live for Jesus.

Thank you, Jesus for this amazing family you've laid in my lap!

I've also been reading in 2 Peter this week, and it has been awhile since I've read that book. But there are amazing truths here! Listen to these beautiful verses!

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. through these he has given us his very great and precious promises so that through them I may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

2 Peter 1:19 You will do well to pay attention to the word of the prophets, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment